High-end pro-app game development GUI to make games for Windows and Mac
Unity is the only Mac-based high-end game development tool sporting a stylish pro-app GUI, no-friction workflow and top-of-the-line technical features such as extensible graphics, great particle effects, highly optimized scripting, the Ageia physX Engine, skinned character animation and ragdolls, and making standalone games for Mac and Windows (and Dashboard Widgets and web-plugins).
Download full version (click below) :
Unity is a 3D game editor which happens to contain one of the most advanced game engines out there. Packed with power it is built to meet the demands of next-generation game developers.
Automatic asset importing, prefabs, and ultra fast edit-play-modify turnaround while you assemble and test your game helps maintain the creative flow. Asset production was never this fast before. The editor ties together all the powerful features of the engine in an intuitive way.
Here are some key features of “Unity”:
Fully Integrated Editor:
· The Unity game engine is happily married to the Unity development environment. This tight integration allows the Editor to do everything a published game can do. The simple, visual, and intuitive nature of the Editor makes building games fun again.
Play, Pause, and Step:
· Click the Play button to instantly run your game. Pause and Step forward to analyze complex behavior in detail. While the game is running (or paused), you can alter values, assets, or even scripts! This means you can do more experimentation and more testing for a better final game.
Keyframe Animation Creator:
· Every part of every GameObject (positions, rotations, scales, colors, etc.) can be animated with an integrated keyframe animation interface. This is in addition to the fully-featured character animation system.
Easy Editor Customization:
· Streamline your workflow using simple, Editor-specific scripts. Extend the development environment with wizards, menubar options, context menus, and object visualization.
Drag ‘n Drop Everything:
· Visually drag assets and objects in the editor to assign Textures, Audio, Behaviors, and script variables. Create logical GameObject hierarchies to manage and maximize your game’s functionality.
· To streamline the repeated use of complex GameObjects, you can turn one or more of them into a Prefab. This Prefab can then be easily placed throughout the game or instantiated at runtime. Any changes to the original prefab are propagated to all dependents, so both major and minor adjustments can be made very quickly to a large number of GameObjects.
Customizable Editor Layout:
· Choose from one of many built-in application arrangements, or create and save your own. Different tasks might benefit from different arrangements, so use easy hotkeys to switch arrangements as needed.
· Unity supports a wide range of publishing platforms, all available at the push of a single button.
Standalone Mac & Windows:
· Publish standalone builds for Mac OS X (Universal Binary, or specific, smaller Intel/PPC-only builds) and Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
Support for Old Hardware and Drivers:
· Many potential players are using outdated graphics hardware and drivers. Even many common computer configurations are much less than ideal for games. Unity has built-in fallbacks and workarounds for compatibility problems. Unity has rock-solid support for almost all hardware/software combinations, in both DirectX and OpenGL.
· Unity has undergone extensive compatibility testing, which means you don’t need to put an ounce of effort into making sure your customers can run your games. Instead, you can expect everything to work well the first time. This helps you reduce your QA and customer support needs, and allows you to focus on making the game great instead of making the game work.
· Unity-made games can be played inside a web browser thanks to the Unity Web Player Plug-in. The plug-in download is small (about 3 MB), auto-installs without a browser restart, and already has a 6-digit distribution. It works on all modern browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and most Mozilla-based browsers.
· You can publish a web game that is identical to a standalone in visual fidelity from the same Project.
Mac OS X Dashboard Widgets:
· Still using the same Project as your standalone, you can create a 3D Dashboard Widget. Using a Dashboard Widget is a great way to advertise your content, give a pick-up-and-play preview, or extend your game’s functionality.
Instantaneous, Automatic Importing:
· When any asset file is saved, it is seamlessly imported without exception. Each asset’s Import Settings are remembered, so you can set them once and never worry again.
Incredible 3D Package Support:
· Unity can import 3D models, bones, and animations from almost all 3D applications.
Just Hit Save:
· Hit Save in Maya, Cinema 4D, Cheetah3D or Blender, and Unity will pick up all changes across your entire project. It’s that simple. See the bottom of this page for a full list of supported formats.
TrueType Font Support:
· Unity handles pixel-perfect rendering of TrueType fonts. Drop in any TTF font and start making great-looking text. When localization time rolls around, be relieved as Unicode fonts are supported, as are Unicode strings.
· Save your multi-layer Photoshop files normally and let Unity automatically compress your images with high quality DXT texture compression. It’s all automatic without a single required click.
Height-map to Normal-map Conversion:
· Any texture can be converted into a Normal-map. This process is automatic and instantaneous, even when you later change your image files.
High-Quality Mipmap Generation:
· Unity supports several different mipmap generation methods: Detail Fade, Kaiser Filters, Gamma Correction, and more.
· Unity can import any audio format that is supported by QuickTime. Audio can be internally converted and distributed as Ogg Vorbis, for keeping down your game’s published file size.
· Graphics card with 64 MB of VRAM and pixel shaders or 4 texture units
· Using Occlusion Culling requires GPU with Occlusion Query support (some Intel GPUs do not support that)
DOWNLOAD[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---mirror--- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]